MxMo NOLA: Cuttin To The Booze



I foresaw the interest in New Orleans-style drinks that would accompany the pilgrimage to NOLA for TotC back in April, and created a drink for the occasion. Little did I know (or ever dare to dream) that it would end up a Mixology Monday topic!

Jamie Boudreau has been inflicting - er, I mean imparting - a series of lectures unto me lately on the merits of brevity and "cuttin' to the booze," so cut I shall. However, if you want to read a story about how this drink came to be (astral projection version), visit the original post on a little ditty I like to call The Tall Acadian.


THE TALL ACADIAN

1 large strawberry, halved
sprig of rosemary
6 mint leaves
1 1/2 oz rye
1 oz Benedictine
1/2 oz lime
1/4 oz Absinthe
4 dashes Peychaud's Bitters

Muddle the strawberries, rosemary well.
Add mint and bitters and muddle gently.
Add remaining ingredients plus ice, shake.
Strain into highball glass filled with crushed ice.
Stir, top with splash of soda.
Garnish with halved strawberry and an orange twist.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I feel ripped off! Where's the verbose back story!!! I don't wanna have to click shit...
T. Mixeur said…
If this were Jamie, I'd say that your logic is circular. But since it's not Jamie, I'm at a loss for words. I'm off to invent a new drink called "Circular Logic."