Le Mixeur Sharky will descend gracefully upon the Bay Area Tuesday evening, as seven of the area's finest bars will be dedicating a portion of their drink offerings for the night to the Le Mixeur Sharky cause, with 100% of the proceeds for these drinks going to Special Place Foundation, a local non-profit providing a variety of services to individuals with disabilities in an urban community farm setting.
I'd like to take a moment to thank our sponsors, without whose support the event simply would not exist. No way it would. So thank you to:
- Erick Castro and Plymouth/Beefeater Gin.
- Jackie Patterson and Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur/Lillet
- Dragos Axinte and Novo Fogo Cachaca
- Kiki Braverman and Pür Spirits
- Caitlin Davis and Campari America
- Espolon Tequila
Also, praise is due to Neyah White of Suntory, as well as Rich Trachtenberg and the Pacific Edge Wines and Spirits team.
Here's a preview of how some of the products listed above will be used Tuesday evening.
HOG & ROCKS
from bar manager Michael Lazar
Solerno Corpse Reviver (Shark Reviver?)
Beefeater gin, Lillet, Solerno blood orange liqueur, lemon juice, St. George absinthe rinse.
Sharky Tonic, Special Edition
Beefeater 24 gin, house made tonic base, seltzer, love
from bar manager Brian Means
Sharky's Old Chum
Espolon blanco tequila, Plymouth Sloe gin, Lillet Rose, orange juice
from bar manager Kevin Diedrich
El Salinger Sour
Espolon blanco tequila, Campari, lime, grapefruit, agave
More to come between now and the event's start about drink offering and our bar heroes for the evening. In the mean time, a recap of participating bars:
- The 5th Floor - 12 4th St. (inside Hotel Palomar) lounge open 5pm to midnight
- Heaven's Dog - 1148 Mission St. (at 7th), open 5pm to 11pm.
- Hog & Rocks - 3431 19th St (at Mission), open 5pm to midnight.
- Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen - 401 Taylor (at O'Farrell), open 11:30am to midnight
- The New Easy - 3255 Lakeshore Drive, Oakland, open 4:30pm to 2am.
- Smuggler's Cove - 650 Gough St. (at McCallister) open 5pm to "close."
- Wo Hing General Store - 584 Valencia St. (near 17th) open 5:30pm to 10pm.